Grant Criteria: To be awarded a grant, applicants must meet all of the following criterial:
- Volunteer or leadership experience in church or community.
- Currently enrolled on a full-time basis in a College or University (include the most recent transcripts).
- International students must have spent at least a semester in school.
- Academic performance must be demonstrated with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have verifiable financial need.
- Primary residence or college enrollment must be in the United States of America.
- Submit an essay of two to three pages on the topic listed on the application.
- The applicant must complete the Application and return it with the required attachments (two letters of reference and copies of the academic transcripts). Please note: The Foundation Board prefer that the letters of reference, essay and academic transcript accompany the application. Please do NOT send each document separately.
Important: Grants are awarded on the basis of financial need, so not all individuals who apply will be given the award. The amount of a grant will depend on the available fund and financial need of the applicant.Grants are contingent upon the availability of funds from the Foundation and will be cancelled or reduced in the event the funds are no longer available. For students, grants are awarded only on a one-school- year basis, i.e, applicants are expected to re-apply each school year.
Application form and filling instruction can be printed out here.
Announcement and Award:
- The 2017 award recipients will be announced on December 11, 2016 and all successful applicants will be communicated through emails. The presentation of awards will take place in the RCCG Dominion Chapel, Bridgeport, Connecticut on December 18, 2016.
- The deadline for the receipt of fully completed application package is November 30, 2016. It takes the Foundation at least one month to consider the numerous applications that we receive, and notifications of award are sent by December 11, 2016. If the application package is not complete for any reason the Foundation is not obliged to contact the applicant, and the Foundation is under no obligation to consider an incomplete application package.